Lately, I would suddenly recall one of the strangest dreams I ever had. The dream was about being shot into space and floating around in space and sometimes getting sucked around in worm holes and being stuck in dimensions for timeless period of time.
I was looking for you. Or waiting for you, in case you were looking for me.
There was a dimension where there were other people who were stuck in as well. In this dimension, there was a big black room that I stayed in for a while. The room was too big and black to describe how big it might have been, I was in a corner of it. The ceiling was too high and it was too dark to see where it ended. If I should walk along one of the walls, I would be too tired and u-turn before I reached another corner of the room. This dimension was unique, because in this room, there was gravity, and there was sound. Elsewhere, perhaps because in space there was too much vacuum to go around, everything was silent. Here, people spoke. They asked me to tell them things about Earth. They might have passed me some messages to bring back home, but I have lost them all. They generally freaked me out by being obtuse. I was afraid that if I stayed there too long I would forget you. I left after leaving them with a message for you.
I came back to this room, after a doing a round of bouncing around in space. You reached there shortly after I left. I regretted leaving. But I thought not to take it for granted that I still remembered you. You left shortly before I came back. You left them with a message for me to wait for you to come back. How would you know that I would come back here? Did you go around leaving messages for me? Where were you?
While waiting for you, I recalled how it felt when I was orbiting around a planet, in the dark in the emptiness, silent until there's not even the deafening sound of silence, trying to swim and direct my navigation but to no avail. I don't know why I remember it in so much detail, but I remember. Recalling that I was recalling in dreams happens when I have too much coffee and too little sleep. It makes me wonder if all these even happened in a dream. The memories are more vivid than my memories of being five years old.
Towards the end of the dream, you came back to the room and found me. Before I could feel joy and be reunited, we jumped into a little unimpressive space ship and we flew away. You called me a space cadet, you must have been my trainer or captain of sorts. I wondered if you knew I was in love with you and how relieved I felt when I saw you again.
No comments:
Post a Comment