Pages

Wednesday, 11 June 2008

The dragon in the sky

There are those who do not know better who would laugh at this, no doubt, today, I saw a dragon in the sky that was made of clouds. It was floating by.

I did not have a camera with me, so I did not take a photo. It is no excuse, I could have done better, I know. I had money with me I could have bought something, if not, I could have, perhaps, at least, borrow. Whatever is the reason, or excuse, I did not take a photo.

So, I have to try to describe to you in words and appeal to your imagination. Sometimes imagination is more exciting than dwelling in mere recollection.

The dragon began like the pattern made when one stirs in cream into the soup pot, and analogous to the soup is the blue sky. The clouds were spinning like in a swirl. Then a representation of a dragon head emerged out of nowhere, but it didn't have antlers, nor did it include a distinctive long neck. All that was represented, was the right profile of the dragon head, with its aged eyes that looked rather wise and rather stubborn at the same time. As it was floating by, there were split moments where it resembled the profile of a teenage mutant ninja turtle except without the eye mask. As it was floating by, it grew older.

No comments: